Microsoft Outlook 2003
Posted by Jericho Mapanao on 22 October 2012 11:09 PM
Setting up your email in Microsoft Outlook 2003
For a video tutorial click this link: Outlook 2003
1. When the wizard starts, select Add a new-email account and click Next to continue.
2. Select the desired email configuration ( POP3, IMAP ) and click Next again. Here
3. Here you will need to provide your name, email address, user name, password and mail server information.
When all of the fields are filled in, click the More Settings button.
4. Select the Outgoing Server tab and check the box labeled My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Make surethat Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
After that click on Advance tab check the Incoming Server Port ( 110 for POP3 and 143 for IMAP ) for Outgoing Server Port should be ( 25 or 587 )
5. Now click the Test Account Settings button to check the connectivity of email account to mail server.
6. If each of the fields have been filled in properly, you should get green check marks for each tasks. If any errors are reported, select the errors
tab for more information. Click Close and back in settings window click Next.
7. Click Finish to begin using Outlook 2003.